"But for hope, the heart would break." This is from Matthew Henry's Commentary on the Whole Bible (which I have never read) on the book of Lamentations, chapter 3.
I am a little behind (almost 2 weeks), but I will try to post something hopeful for every day of Lent. I'll have to double up for a while to catch up. I've missed 11 days so for the next 11 days (excluding Sundays, of course) I'll post two inspiring, amusing, or happy things.
Don't expect too much. I already have one youtube video planned for today's post, and you can be sure there will be more. I might link to an article some days, or try to write my own opinionated paragraph. I might post a picture I saw somewhere, or one I took myself. I may even post a recipe (with pictures) of something delicious I made that I'm particularly proud of.
For the first hopeful item, I will continue the quote from underneath the blog title.
1 "Let love be sincere; hate what is evil, hold on to what is good;
live one another with mutual affection; anticipate one another in showing honor.
Do not grow slack in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.
Rejoice in hope, endure in affliction, persevere in prayer.
Contribute to the needs of the holy ones, exercise hospitality.
Bless those who persecute you, bless and do not curse them.
Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.
...
Do not be conquered by evil but conquer evil with good."
Romans 12:9-15, 21
For the second, as promised, here is my favorite "I need cheering up" video:
2 What's Going On
I have fallen in love with these duets between Jorge Navaraez and his daughter Alexa. Another great one to check out is Home (Edward Sharp).
With parents and kids like this, there is hope!
Liz
No comments:
Post a Comment