This is me - taking one of these 3 paths to internet despair. I won't venture over to reddit, but this article is pretty funny.
The three paths are:
"a) Reading the news.
b) Caring about the news.
c) Trolling Planned Parenthood’s Facebook for 2 or 3 minutes."
I have done all three of these things, and I have never come out of it feeling better about anything. Reading and caring about the news, and reading the snide, hateful, degrading posts that are published every day on Planned Parenthood's facebook page put me in such a bad mood. (Really, take my word for it. Don't go there and drag yourself down too.)
This blog recommends the r/atheism page on Reddit as a place to find humor in opposing opinions. The blogger, Marc, says the site is funny (in a sad way) for these reasons:
"Every post is either
a) Obliviously and embarrassingly wrong, in which case much joyful correcting can be made.
b) Blisteringly right, in which case everything the Church has been saying is wrong with modern Christianity is vindicated.
c) Hilariously cliched, which lends itself to ecstasy of mockage, mimicry and spontaneous singing. (Oooooh, that freedom of religioooonnn means freedom from religiiooonn! ladadadaday!)"
Heehehe..
Follow the link if you want to see some reddit examples of poking fun at Christianity, but I'll share my favorite image from Marc's post:
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment