40
Yesterday was the last day of Lent, so this is the last hopeful item of Lent: The resurrection of Jesus! Really, that is the highest form of hope.
I had a wonderful and exhausting day with my family. Yesterday was a glorious day of Easter Egg dyeing, and we have some beautiful hardboiled eggs (and some stained fingers) to show for it. To begin this lovely day, we had Easter breakfast with David's family. Then, our nephews helped us with some Rockband songs, and we headed to my aunt's house for our annual Easter celebration. The heavy storms prevented us from having our traditional hollow-egg-brawl, but I'm sure we can save them for next year. All 30 dozen hollow and dyed eggs.
Here are the 'special' eggs I made:
I followed a combination of directions from these three sites, and used yellow onion skins for the brown, and purple cabbage for the purple-black eggs.
I had a wonderful and exhausting day with my family. Yesterday was a glorious day of Easter Egg dyeing, and we have some beautiful hardboiled eggs (and some stained fingers) to show for it. To begin this lovely day, we had Easter breakfast with David's family. Then, our nephews helped us with some Rockband songs, and we headed to my aunt's house for our annual Easter celebration. The heavy storms prevented us from having our traditional hollow-egg-brawl, but I'm sure we can save them for next year. All 30 dozen hollow and dyed eggs.
Here are the 'special' eggs I made:
I followed a combination of directions from these three sites, and used yellow onion skins for the brown, and purple cabbage for the purple-black eggs.
This was a little time consuming, but totally worth it! Next year I'm making many more eggs like this.

No comments:
Post a Comment